20 Reasons Why Flu Shots Are More Dangerous Than The Flu
1) There is a total lack of any real evidence that young children even benefit from flu shots. A systematic review of 51 studies involving 260,000 children age 6 to 23 months found no evidence that the flu vaccine is any more effective than a placebo. Also, the shots are only able to protect against certain strains of the virus, which means that if you come into contact with a different strain of virus you will still get the flu.
2) Medical journals have published thousands of articles revealing that injecting vaccines can actually lead to serious health problems including harmful immunological responses and a host of other infections. This further increases the body’s susceptibility to the diseases that the vaccine was supposed to protect against.
3) Ever notice how vaccinated children within days or weeks develop runny noses, pneumonia, ear infections and bronchiolitis? The reason is the flu virus introduced into their bodies which creates these symptoms. It also indicates immuno-suppression (lowering of the immunity). The flu vaccines actually do not immunize but sensitize the body against the virus.
4) It is a known fact that flu vaccines contain strains of the flu virus along with other ingredients. Now think about the impact such a vaccine can have over someone with a suppressed immune system? If you have a disease that is already lowering your body’s ability to fight a virus, taking the flu shot will put your body in danger of getting the full effects of the flu and make you more susceptible to pneumonia and other contagious diseases.
5) The flu vaccines contain mercury, a heavy metal known to be hazardous to human health. The amount of mercury contained in a multi-dose flu shot is much higher than the maximum allowable daily exposure limit. Mercury toxicity can cause memory loss, depression, ADD, oral health problems, digestive imbalances, respiratory problems, cardiovascular diseases and many more such serious health ailments.
6) There is mounting evidence that flu shots can cause Alzheimer’s disease. One report shows that people who received the flu vaccine each year for 3 to 5 years had a 10-fold greater chance of developing Alzheimer’s disease than people who did not have any flu shots. Also, with age the immune system weakens, thus lowering your ability to fight off infections. Introducing the flu virus into the bodies of elderly could have dangerous and even deadly consequences.
7) The Center for Disease Control appoints a 15-member Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). This committee is responsible for deciding who should be vaccinated each year. Almost all of the ACIP have a financial interest in immunizations. It’s all about the money and may have very little to do with your health and well being, if anything. The very people pushing these vaccines stand to make billions of dollars from their sale and use. This conflict of interest casts doubt on just how effective these flu vaccines really are.
8) Research shows that over-use of the flu vaccine and drugs like Tamiflu and Relenza can actually alter flu viruses and cause them to mutate into a more deadly strain. Couple this with drug-resistant strains and you have virtually no benefits weighed against considerable risk.
9) There is a large amount of evidence which indicates that the ingredients present in flu vaccinations can actually cause serious neurological disorders. In the 1976 swine flu outbreak, many who got the flu shots developed permanent nerve damage. Flu vaccines can contain many harmful materials including detergent, mercury, formaldehyde, and strains of live flu virus. Is this what you want to put into your body?
10) Trying to guess what strain to vaccinate against each season has proved to be no more effective than a guessing game. This has been very true in recent years with the H1N1 strain. Moreover, getting multi-shots will only prove more dangerous as different strains of viruses and harmful ingredients are introduced into your body.
11) Sanofi Pasteur’s Fluzone High-Dose is a new influenza vaccine created in 2010 for people over 65 years of age. Even though the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) insists the vaccine is as safe as any other seasonal vaccine, the fact is that the shot is replete with side effects like pain, redness and swelling at the injection site, headache, muscle aches, fever, and malaise.
12) The CDC says that the 2011-2012 flu vaccine may also have the same side effects the 2010-2011 vaccines had. These include soreness, redness, tenderness, or swelling where the shot is administered, and nasal congestion after the flu vaccine nasal spray.
13) The 2009 package insert for Novarti’s Monovalent Vaccine which was leaked on the internet created a huge uproar. Why? Because its side effects, as stated on the insert, include: Guillain-Barre Syndrome, anaphylactic shock, vasculitis, and get this: death. Two studies conducted in 2007 and 2009 revealed that out of every million people diagnosed with the flu, between 40 and 70 developed Guillain-Barre after getting the shot. However, this information didn’t stop government health officials from pushing the vaccine into the market in 2010 and 2011.
14) In December of 2010, however, the flu vaccine formulated specifically for children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years old was found to be causing a higher than normal incidence of febrile seizures
15) In February 2010, The World Health Organization (WHO) reported that 12 countries had recorded a possible link between the development of narcolepsy, a chronic nervous system disorder that makes people uncontrollably fall asleep, and the H1N1 vaccine. Finland, was one of those countries who openly admitted that the swine flu vaccine “conclusively” causes narcolepsy. The Finnish government acknowledged that link and said that would pay for “lifetime medical care” for 79 children who have been irreparably damaged by the swine flu vaccine. Narcolepsy wasn’t the only side effect admitted to be caused by swine flu vaccines: 76 of the 79 children also suffered hallucinations and “paralyzing physical collapses”.
16) A series of miscarriages were recorded in the US after June 2010 due to the H1N1 vaccination. Hundreds of cases were reported across the country, and most miscarriages took place within days of the vaccination.
17) Dr. Hugh Fudenberg, a world renowned immunogeneticist, announced that you have a ten-fold increased chance of Alzheimer’s after receiving five flu shots. That’s ten times more likely than no flu shots or one, not 10% more likely as you’ve been told.
18) In 2010 Australia banned flu vaccines in children. Vaccinated children were going into convulsions, began vomiting or exhibiting dangerously high levels of fever.
19) A study published in the Cochrane Systematic Review in 2010 stated that there was no scientific evidence to prove that regular or seasonal flu shots protect people over the age of 65. The study concluded: “Evidence for the safety and efficacy of influenza vaccines in the over-65 age range is poor, despite the fact that vaccination has been recommended for the prevention of influenza in older people for the past 40 years.”
20) A study conducted by The Lancet in 2010 brought out some startling revelations about the effectiveness of flu shots. The study involved a control group of 13,095 adults who were not vaccinated. The group was monitored to see if participants had been infected by the influenza virus, but 97% remained unaffected. Only 2.7%, or 357 people, in the non-vaccinated group ended up contracting the virus. Of the group of adults who were vaccinated with a trivalent inactivated influenza shot, only 1.2% did not catch the flu. The difference between the two outcomes is that the flu vaccine only prevents the flu in 1.5 out of every 100 adults injected with the flu shot, not 60% as you’ve been told.
How a Flu Shot is Organized, Generated, and Concocted
The seasonal flu shot is a “trivalent” vaccine, which means it contains three influenza viruses. Although the individual strains vary each year, the types of strains selected for the vaccine usually consist of an influenza A strain, an H1N1 strain (not the pandemic 2009 strain) and an influenza B strain. In 2009, the Food and Drug Administration also approved a “monovalent,” or single strain, vaccine designed exclusively to combat the pandemic H1N1 strain.
Fertilized chicken eggs are used as the growth medium for influenza virus, and trace amounts of egg white protein (ovalbumin) are reported in each of the 2009-2010 vaccines. All but two manufacturers (Sanofi Pasteur and ID Biomedical) used antibiotics to prevent bacterial contamination of the chicken eggs. The specific antibiotics used include kanamicin, gentamicin, neomycin and polymixin B. People with egg and antibiotic allergies should read the manufacturer’s product literature prior to receiving a flu shot.
Once the virus has been allowed to replicate in chicken eggs, it must be recovered. This step involves the addition of chemical detergents. Examples of detergents used in the 2009-2010 vaccine include sodium taurodeoxycholate, polyethylene glycol p-isooctylphenyl ether and octoxynol-10. These are usually measured in terms of parts per million. Each manufacturer specifies the type and maximum concentration of the chemicals used in its brand.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the viruses in the flu shot are “inactivated,” which means that they are no longer capable of causing infection. Technically, viruses are never alive, so they cannot be “killed” as bacteria are. Vaccines approved for the 2009-2010 flu season used beta-propionolactone or formaldehyde derivatives to inactivate the virus. Each manufacturer’s product literature specifies the exact agent used and the maximum concentration present in the final dose.
According to the FDA and manufacturers’ product literature, H1N1/09 and seasonal flu injection vaccines are suspended in sterile phosphate-buffered salt solutions with a pH and concentration similar to the fluid that surrounds the cells in the human body. Other ingredients of the buffer solution may include gelatin, arginine and sucrose. Gelatin from pigs is used as a stabilizer. Arginine is an amino acid component of protein. Sucrose is common table sugar.
All FDA-approved multi-dose vials of seasonal and H1N1 vaccine contain thimerisol, a mercury-containing compound used a preservative. A flu shot dispensed from a multi-dose vial contains about 25 micrograms (0.000025 g) of mercury as thimerisol. The manufacturer’s product insert will always confirm the presence and quantity of mercury for a specific product.